Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I'm Nuts For Macadamia Nuts!

Do you have a sweet tooth and like macadamia nuts?

I love them. They are my new favorite snack.

Macadamia nuts have ruled my last two weeks. I don't typically think about buying them when I'm at the grocery store, but since I ate some recently, I will always make sure I have them on hand. Here's why:
  • They're delicious.
  • They quell my near-insatiable sweet tooth.
  • They're rich.
  • I can't overdo it--they're very filling!
  • I discovered they make an awesome topping for chocolate coconut ice cream, and they compliment plain yogurt quite well with small slices of fresh strawberries.
  • They are truly decadent.
They are high in fat, but the good kind of fat, so go ahead, indulge a little!

I found an intriguing recipe at: Diet, Dessert and Dogs, for Raw Key Lime Tarts. They look incredible and the crust calls for macadamia nuts. Haven't tried them yet but they are at the top of my list of goodies to experiment with! Agave is the sweetener used in the filling. Yum.

No comments: