Monday, November 30, 2009

Cut Out Sugar With These Cut-Out Sugar Cookies!


I love cookies, don't you? Just saying the word cookie makes me happy.

Buttery, rich and chewy describe these insanely delectable cut-outs. I find them fascinating because they are truly sweet and have an excellent texture but only four ingredients.

I posted a similar recipe a long time ago, but now seems like the perfect time of year to share this recipe again. Krista uses a little almond extract in this recipe, and it's also delicious with a dollop of jam on top or a few sliced almonds. Feel free to experiment with different flavored extracts: vanilla, lemon, cinnamon, etc.

It's simple: flour, butter, extract and honey.

I will be trying it with my new favorite flour, white whole wheat flour, and we'll see how it turns out. It seems like the only modification you need when using this flour as a substitute to white flour, is to increase liquids by a little bit. For me, this means honey of course.

Visit Nourishing Apron's blog for more mouth-watering, no refined sugar recipes.

(I "borrowed" the sugar cookie picture until I have one of my own. This one contains sugar but looks similar to the sugar-free cookie.)

8 comments:

will said...

I cannot wait to try this recipe! I hope it works without a food processor.

Shanti said...

yay! i'm trying it as i write. =)

My Year Without said...

Will-It should turn out just fine. I still don't have a food processor...it just takes a little more effort. I'm thinking that with all of the recipes I'm running into lately, I need to get myself a processor. Many recipes seem to call for that.

Shanti-How do you like them?! Don't know if you're a dough-eater, but I love this dough!

Anonymous said...

I am SO excited about this recipe. Please let us know the results! (Especially with the WWW flour.)

Shanti said...

they turned out *YUMMY*!!! i need to make a double batch next time, though, cuz they were gone in a flash!

i have a pic--i'll e-mail it to you!

Unknown said...

I was amazed how well these cookies came out! It's hard to image 'sugar cookies' without the sugar but they are great!

...Yum, sugar cookies again-thanks guys!

Organic Gardening Girl Gardens said...

I just made them this afternoon, and they turned out well. The flavor reminds me of spritz. Amazing that there's only four ingredients. now how about a refined-sugar free frosting?? :-)

My Year Without said...

I definitely will tap my resources and look for a sugar-free frosting. The one I make for my date cinnamon rolls might work, slightly modified, although it is full of dairy and highly fattening.....