Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Gluten-Free Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes

I'm on a recipe kick.

My sweet tooth steadily rages on, but I am not satisfied with making concoctions I've already made. I need to give my lusty sweet tooth something new to chew on. Enter chewy cupcakes.

I can't help but check out Nourishing Gourmet's blog regularly. She is always coming up with the most exquisite adaptations of a recipe. I love the fun, unusual ingredients she uses like coconut flour and coconut paste. For these cupcakes I will probably use honey instead of coconut paste, but at least I learned something new! I've never heard of coconut sugar paste...

Happy Birthday, Mr. President Obama! If I could knock on your front door and deliver these tasty morsels to you, I would!

Gluten-Free Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes:
    1/4 cup coconut flour
    1/4 cup cocoa powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1 teaspoon vanilla (make sure your vanilla is gluten free, if needed)
    1/2 cup of honey or coconut sugar paste (maple syrup would work too, I bet)
    1/4 cup of coconut oil
    1/2 cup of fresh or frozen raspberries
    3 eggs

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

1-Grease muffins tins, or put in muffin papers.

2-Whisk together the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.

3-Add the wet ingredients (but not the raspberries) and whisk well, until all lumps are gone.

4-Fold in the raspberries, and fill muffin tins, 2/3 full.

5-Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the top if firm and a toothpick comes out clean, when poked in the middle of the muffin. Take out of the muffin tins and cool on cooling racks.

Thank you Nourishing Gourmet!


La Tea Dah said...

Thank you for visiting my blog (My Cozy Kitchen). Yes, I make gluten-free pie crusts, but haven't found the 'perfect' recipe yet for sharing on my blog. I cook so much by 'feel' that it's difficult to pinpoint a recipe, especially since I use olive oil rather than solid-fats to shorten the dough. * I love your blog and look forward to reading more of it. I'm a huge fan of natural sugars. For the past 30 years most of my cooking has been done with a maple syrup alternative --- and I've been a faithful stevia user for the past twenty-five years (when we had to purchase it as a facial product rather than a sweetener!). From one PNWer to another, happy eating! If you have time, I'd love for you to visit my other blog as well --- Gracious Hospitality (link on My Cozy Kitchen). So glad to meet you --- LaTeaDah

Miss V said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog, Eating With A Purpose, about sugary drinks. I am glad you are reading it! I love your blog, and I am going to put it in my blogroll on my site as a resource. I hope that you will put mine on yours as well, since I am trying to increase my readership.

Ps. notice you quote Marion Nestle. She was my professor at NYU! Amazing woman.

- Vanessa

Sizzle said...

I totally need to make these. My sister is gluten free so she can eat them too. Horray

Michelle said...

Mmm yes I need to try coconut flour!

Iris said...

Mmm...gluten free...chocolate...raspberry...what more could you want?

SwampCatNana said...

How many does this make?

My Year Without said...

SwampCat-I'm not sure how many this makes. It's been a while since I've made them, and I neglected to record the yield. Sorry!