Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Peach Upside Down Cake

Yesterday morning as I sipped my coffee I imagined what a perfect, sweet breakfast would be. As I dreamed of exotic omelets and fancy breads with fresh jams, I glanced down at a lonely peach sitting on my counter. I knew I had to eat it, but I wanted to bake it somehow. It seems like of all my recipe resources, both online and in books, I can't help but gravitate towards my old trusted favorite, Sweet and Sugar-Free.

Sure enough, I found a recipe for a Peach Upside Down Cake. It looked perfect.

As always, I fudged with the ingredients, but the end product delivered the sweet, chewy goodness that I was craving. The only thing I would do differently next time is add more peaches. My gigantic peach went a long way, since I chopped it up into small pieces, but I would definitely add more like the recipe calls for.


Peach Upside Down Cake

Chop 2-3 peaches and toss with a tablespoon of melted coconut oil or regular cooking oil. Sprinkle mixture with cinnamon and put in bottom of small baking dish.



Next, mix 2 tablespoons milk, 1/2 C. fruit juice, 1/4 C. oil and 1 large, beaten egg. Then, instead of adding white flour, I used 1/2 C. brown rice flour and 1/2 C. almond flour. To that add 1/2 teaspoon baking soda and 1 teaspoon baking powder. Add more flour if batter is runny. It should be nice and thick but still pour easily. Beat well and then pour batter over fruit. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20-30 minutes.





Enjoy piping hot with a mug of coffee or tea!

1 comment:

Sizzle said...

Now I am running off to buy that cookbook. :-)