Monday, September 29, 2008

Honey Pistachio Yogurt Parfait


Do you like yogurt? Even kind of? I'm not a huge fan of yogurt, but I know that the live acidophilus in it is really healthy for our bodies. Also, ever since I found Nancy's yogurt, I have enjoyed eating it fresh and sugar free. It's delicious in smoothies, too, adding a nice twang to a fruit sweetened favorite of mine. My favorite flavor is the organic vanilla.

I have adopted a new way of eating yogurt since I ate breakfast at Besaw's Restaurant. I ordered their "Yogurt Parfait" and have been making it at home ever since-- especially mornings when I wake up with a raging sweet tooth. It's not too often that I get a case of the raging sweet tooths, but when I do, it's really easy to tell my system to shut up. I feed it honey.

The yogurt parfait looks and tastes perfect when you layer yogurt, honey and crunchy pistachios.

There is a high probability that you will not have a sweet tooth after eating this!

The yogurt parfait is also an excellent quick meal for any time of the day. I have eaten it when I needed a filling, quick dinner, or a speedy breakfast. The slowest part about it is cracking open the pistachios! If you are serving guests, it is fun to put it in clear wine glasses and layer the yogurt with honey and pistachios. It looks really pretty and tastes magnificent! Enjoy!

No comments: