Friday, January 11, 2008

Tornados, Monopoly and Cute Jeans

Besides the weather here (we had a tornado touch down!), it's been a pretty good week. No major sugar cravings. I even bought ice cream and chocolate for Jeff. No problem. I have stayed up later every night this week than I have in a long time. Maybe it's because I'm not as tired or maybe it's the games of Monopoly we have been playing every evening. Our last game we had placed a $170 bet. Jeff won. Which is good because I've been dreaming all week of the shopping I could do with that money. One early evening this week we happened to be walking through Nordstrom and I spotted the cutest pair of jeans, ever. Even though they were $200, I tried them on just for fun. Luckily, they weren't as cute once I had them on, but I did realize that I may have gone down a size. Jeff noticed, too. I wish I could say it is due to all the exercising I'm doing--but I'm doing none right now. I'm glued to my cave waiting for the sun to come out. It has been weeks since we have had a sunny day. Anyway, I have a feeling that giving up sugar might have something to do with going down a size. Not only that, but since I have given up sugar and have observed my own will power to do so, I have noticed that I am making other healthy food choices as well. I don't know how long this will last, but I am determined to ride this wave for as long as possible.

No comments: