Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Day after Christmas 2007

It's so interesting how during the holidaze, everyone expects to eat more food in general, including sugary treats. How interesting that weight gain and unhealthy eating during this time is so easy for me to justify! I found myself dipping into the peanut brittle over and over again. In fact, I was hoping the conversation would last forever so I could continue my little binge. Mild guilt set in but it was too easy to keep those feelings at bay because everyone else was overindulging as well! In fact, I found myself relying on other people's overindulgence to justify mine! I've never eaten so much peanut brittle in my life. It was heavenly for the moment and perhaps I ate extra to make up for the fact that I will quitting sugar for an entire year.
I don't really know what to eat or not eat during these last few days leading up to the big start day! Do I overindulge myself because I "can"? Do I slowly wean myself away now? Will I be quitting cold turkey on January first? I haven't thought this through very well, so I might as well enjoy a couple more donuts and a few more cups of hot chocolate. My favorites. If I'm going to be bad, I'll be really bad. Extra whip, please.

No comments: