Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Sugar & Weight Gain






This may not come as a surprise to those of you battling sugar: A new study found that eating less sugar is linked with weight loss and eating more sugar is linked with weight gain.

A study or did they just read my blog? :)

One of my nutrition heroes, Walter Willett, chair of nutrition at Harvard School of Public Health, comments, "Sugars from whole fruits have not been linked with weight gain."

Such simple, wise advice. Now, let's eat whole fruits and give up added sugars, shall we? It's soooo hard to do.

Lately I've been satisfying my pesty sweet tooth with big chunks of fresh pineapple. Seriously, you are not going to crave Ben & Jerry's or cookie dough after chewing on these juicy, sweet morsels. I would know because it seems like I have to go to the ends of the earth to douse my sugar cravings. Or just eat pineapple. Treat yourself to a whole one. Cut off the skin and around the fibrous core. It's good for digestion and it's full of nutrients.

I think I need this cupcake t-shirt....it captures the vibe quite well.

No comments: