Monday, April 2, 2012

Sugar-Free Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits



My dogs love these.

The best part is that my older mutt (in the background) has a very sensitive tummy but she can eat these with no problems. Most other treats we try with her and we're running for the bottle of Pepto.

Sugar-Free Peanut Butter Dog Treats

1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup white whole wheat flour

Preheat oven to 375. Mix together dry ingredients and then add wet and stir together until dough forms. Roll out on floured surface (and/or parchment paper) and then use cookie cutter. I cut a grid, which yielded over 175 inch-sized squares.

I am going to look for goat's milk at the farmer's market this weekend. Goat's milk is supposed to be very nourishing to dogs. I'm not yet done playing around with this recipe, but as is it's simple and the biscuits drive my dogs wild.

No comments: