Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Balcony Container Garden in its Infancy






I just moved my container garden outside to the balcony. I transferred several cherry tomato, heirloom tomato, arugula and butter crunch lettuce starts to bigger containers. The basil seems to be growing--but rather slowly, actually. The fragile starts grow a little bit each day, and hopefully they keep growing and thrive.

I swallowed my pride and bought a few little herb plants: sage, thyme and basil. I've already dried the thyme and sprinkled it on salads. It is so amazingly delicious. I can not wait for sun-ripened tomatoes!

As far as sugar goes, I'm trying to locate a tea I used to drink that was called Sugar Balance or something like that. It helped to stave off sugar cravings. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Pink box?

3 comments:

Farty Girl said...

Tea that helps curb sugs? Oooooh. I wanna try. Is this the tea you speak of?

http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&q=sugar+balance+tea&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=RZbTS5GnGoL78Ab906moDw&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=image&resnum=3&ved=0CCMQzAMwAg

My Year Without said...

Hey Farty Girl! That's the one! It's been a while since I've stocked this tea, but it is such a delight to curb those cravings. This tea is amazing.

Thanks!

Michelle said...

Cool garden you're starting. And hey - what's the deal with this tea? Curbs cravings just by drinking it? Magic!