Sunday, April 15, 2012

Easy & Delicious Yogurt Cake

When a recipe turns out so well, sometimes I eat and blog at the same time. Right now I have a little plate with a piece of yogurt cake and chopped, fresh strawberries. It is so good I never want it to end. I was having a little sweet tooth fit, with nothing in my kitchen to nibble on. This is a good thing. If I had junk food I would eat it. Days like this force me to get creative in the kitchen.

I searched other blogs for recipe ideas, craving something chewy and sweet like cake. I found a Honey Yogurt cake that I used as a loose guide for my experimenting.

I have a bad habit of not keeping careful track of the amounts of ingredients...and it happened again today. In my excitement (I'm also currently experimenting with making granola bars) I neglected to take pictures and the cake is lying upside down on tin foil. Not so picturesque, but so delicious.

Here is a sort-of recipe, with all ingredients but mostly guesses at how much I used of each.

Easy & Delicious Yogurt Cake

1 C white whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 C vegetable oil (if I had coconut oil I would have used it)
1/4 C honey
1/2 C vanilla yogurt (I use Nancy's organic, nonfat plain yogurt)
1/2 tsp vanilla

350 degrees for about 25 minutes. The cake is fluffy, moist, sweet and heavenly. Especially with fresh strawberries added to each bite.

Next time I make it, I'll take pictures. I may make cupcakes next time, and after they bake add a few slices of strawberry to each top.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HI THERE i'M LOOKING FORWARD TO GIVING YOUR YOGURT CAKE A TRY! THANKS CATH